Job Opportunity- Facility Coordinator
HB Studios Sports Centre (HBSSC) is a community based recreation facility located in the Town of Bridgewater on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. The facility is owned and operated by the South Shore Fieldhouse Society (SSFHS). The facility is the venue for various sport, recreation and community groups.
The facility is a 49,000-square-foot building and houses a 200 ft x 100 ft artificial grass field, 60-metre sprint track on the ground floor, a four-lane 209-metre oval running track, meeting rooms, and tenant spaces. The facility is the venue for various sport, recreation and community groups.
HBSSC is seeking to employ a Facility Coordinator. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application to by September 8th, 2019. Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Title: Facility Coordinator, HB Studios Sports Centre
Reports to: South Shore Fieldhouse Society
Status: Permanent /Seasonal
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the South Shore Fieldhouse Society, this position is responsible for a wide range of activities related to the operation of HB Studios Sports Centre. This is a full-time position, averaging an approximate 35 hours per week on a flexible schedule; excepting, an approximate 10 hours per week during the June 1 to Sept. 30 period. The compensation and/or implementation of a bonus system may be negotiable depending upon experience.
- Provide a welcoming environment to facility users. Address all inquiries and concerns in a professional manner. Respond to any requests for information from external entities;
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with Community Groups, Sport Associations, Schools, Businesses, & Government;
- Plan and direct the day-to-day operations to provide a positive experience for facility users;
- Seek opportunities to generate revenue through grants, venue booking, creation of programs, and events;
- Work with Key users such as Soccer Nova Scotia and South Shore District to identify and confirm seasonal booking in order to maximize rental potentials.
- Manage, monitor, process payments and prepare billing for facility bookings;
- Ensures deposits are made in a timely manner and that cash is safeguarded until a deposit is made;
- Ensure the recording of transactions and balancing/reconciliations are carried out in a timely manner and ensure that any discrepancies are reviewed with the Treasurer;
- On a monthly basis, provide to the bookkeeper those documents necessary to prepare a trial balance and reconciliations;
- In conjunction with the Treasurer, meet periodically with the BMO Account Manager;
- In conjunction with a designated Board member or Committee, draft policies and procedures relevant to the organization and based upon best practice by benchmarking with other similar facilities;
- Co-ordinate the Board and Committee meetings by ensuring that the following takes place:
- Agendas and relevant documentation are sent out prior to the meeting;
- Prepare and circulate minutes/notes of the meetings;
- Arrange for the scheduling of meetings;
- Administer policies and procedures established by the Board. Support and implement initiatives set by the SSFHS Board and any subcommittee;
- Prepare regular monthly reports for the board which outline activity, project updates, areas of concern and recommendations;
- Ensure facility is staffed during business hours through flexible arrangements, and maintain and update the calendar on a timely basis;
- Carry out a review with each staff annually and prepare job descriptions for them to ensure that any delegated responsibilities are clear;
- Hold regular staff meetings to review upcoming bookings/events, review issues, questions, concerns, and recommendations;
- Update Social Media Accounts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Conduct general maintenance and cleanliness of the facility;
- Identify and coordinate to rectify maintenance and safety issues;
- Organize documents (i.e. correspondence, agreements, contracts, and financials) in a manner others can retrieve;
- Ensure the facility is secure during non-business hours;
- Manage the purchase of supplies.
Supervision: Reports to a designated member of the Board;
- This position operates out of the Hb Studios Sports Centre at 543 Glen Allan Drive (Generations’ Active Park);
- Hours of work & flexible/negotiable.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in business, marketing, recreation, and/or equivalent experience;
- Programming and event planning experience;
- Management experience;
- Experience with policy development and implementation;
- Experience working with a non-profit;
- Customer Service experience;
- Experience sourcing, evaluating and writing grant and funding applications;
- Experience with fundraising;
- Communication – both oral and written;
- Independence – being able to work without close supervision, managing your own time and projects;
- Critical thinking – being able to evaluate your work and that of others, making judgments about the value of information and drawing conclusions from data;
- Problem solving – working without “a right answer” and devising strategies to work towards a solution.