HB Studios Sports Centre
South Shore Fieldhouse Society
Facility Use Rules
All users must abide by the following rules for use of HB Studios Sports Centre(HBSSC). Staff have the right to refuse entry or remove any person who does not abide by HBSSC rules and regulations.
- Only water is permitted on the field or track. There is a water fountain on the field level. No other beverages are permitted on the field or track areas.
- No food, candy or gum are permitted on the field and track areas.
- Only clean shoes that have not been worn outside are permitted on the field and track. Indoor soccer shoes or plastic molded cleats are permitted on the turf; no metal or screw-in cleats are allowed.
- No spitting on the field or track. Players may be ejected from the field if they do not follow this rule.
- Spectators must use the seating area upstairs to watch games and training. Spectators are not allowed on the field or track areas.
- The track is for paid users.
- Children are to be supervised by parent/guardians.
- HBSSC is a scent-free facility; all users should avoid wearing scented products.
- No graffiti is permitted anywhere in the building; anyone found marking or vandalizing any surface will be subject to long-term banning from the building and possible legal charges.
- Pets are not permitted in the building with the exception of service animals.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or around the outside perimeter of the building
- Alcohol of any kind is not permitted anywhere in or around the facility, except during an event licensed by NS Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Commission and approved by the HBSSC Manager.
- HBSSC is not responsible for lost or damaged belongings.
- Allergy alert: the field is made of rubber – please alert anyone with latex or other allergies.
- Rules & Regulations are subject to change.
HBSSC requires notice of a cancellation of a facility booking.
Block rentals (e.g. bookings for a complete weekend or for a specific time for a number of weeks or months):
- Cancellations received prior to 30 days of a booking will be cancelled at no charge.
- Cancellations received after 30 days but within in 2 weeks of a booking will be subject to a 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellation received with less than two weeks of the booking will be charged at a regular rate.
- If HBSSC is able to resell cancelled time then the time/fee rented will be deducted from the cancellation charge.
Hourly rentals (e.g. one individual hour on the field or in the meeting room):
- Cancellations received prior to 7 days of a booking will be cancelled at no charge.
- Cancellation received between 24 hours and 7 days of a booking will be charged at a full rate with the option to reschedule for a new date within 30 days of the original booking.
- Cancellation notices received within less than 24 hour notice will be subject to the full charge and will not receive a refund.
If the facility is closed at the time of your booking for any reason, you can reschedule for a new date within 60 days of the original booking. If no suitable dates are available, you will not be billed or will receive a full refund.
These policies apply regardless of weather conditions and/or ability to arrive at the facility. If the facility is open, your booking is not considered cancelled and payment will be required.
HBSSC will remain open for track users and tenants during the duration of a tournament unless the tournament organizer(s) want to rent the entire facility. If there is a charge for admission to the tournament, HBSSC staff and tournament staff and volunteers will work together to ensure track users use their passes or pay the regular $2.00 track fee, but are exempt from the admission fee. If tournament organizers wish to close the track to users, they must rent the track and pay the regular hourly rental fee; then the hourly track rental in addition to field rental fee will apply.
Cancellation Policy for Tournaments
Tournaments that are being cancelled due to poor weather will grant the organizer(s) a rescheduling period of 90 days. This means that the time booked must be used within 90 days of the original date. This will allow the organizer(s) time to reschedule their tournament and find an acceptable slot in the HBSSC schedule where it will not conflict with previously scheduled events. The cost will reflect the amount of hours in the original booking (unless future booking costs more).
Tournament sponsors may sell products on site unless they conflict with existing HBSSC sponsor agreements. If the South Shore Fieldhouse Society deems items being sold inappropriate, HBSSC retains the right to stop the sponsor from selling on site. Tournament organizers are encouraged to find sponsors with messages that promote healthy living and active lifestyles whenever possible.
HBSSC’s social/lounge area is available for use during a tournament. Alcohol is not permitted unless approved by HBSSC and organizer(s) acquire and properly display a liquor license in the area. Proof of liquor license must be provided to HBSSC 24 hours in advance of any event.
HBSSC reserves the right to assign designated parking spots to ensure access for tenants and their clients.